Saturday, December 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms

These have always been my favorite cookies. I remember my grandma making them when we were little and I don't make them very often now but this year for Christmas I decided it was time!


Take peanut butter cookie dough, roll it into 1-inch balls, roll them in sugar and bake. I baked them most of the way, then added the Hershey's kisses. We used to add the chocolate kisses before we baked them, but most recipes I read said to add them after they were out of the oven...so I added them halfway through and it seems to be working. The chocolate melts but holds its shape and stays softer than the original candy.

Next recipe I'm trying is a peppermint pinwheel. I'll post pictures of those when/if it works!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Galadriel said...

Those look fantastic. Merry Christmas!

Jen said...

So, how did those peppermint pinwheels work out?