Monday, December 26, 2011

Spreading the Ashes

September 12, 2011 the family finally all got together to spread my dad's ashes. We met in Glenwood, CO in the morning then headed out on dirt roads to a small lake under Mount Sopris, where my dad had wanted his ashes spread. I think we were supposed to hike up the mountain and do it there but not everyone was able to hike, so we met at the base of the mountain instead.



My dad had died on Sept. 11, 1995 so we were a little late in getting this done, but it was great to have the whole family together, minus our mom and my brother Paul.

So...we kinda have a large family! My dad was married before my mom and had four kids with her (Ruth, not present). Those are Bobby, Jimmy, Rose and Carolyn. I hadn't seen Bobby since my dad's funeral so it was great to see him. My niece and nephew were there along with their kids (I'm a great-aunt already!) Melissa (Caroln's daughter) and her kids: Dion and Kaylee. Then Jeremy (Rose's son) with Alorah. Then my mom (Laura, also not present) had four kids: Paul, John, me and Jen. Jen and I are on the far left. John's wife Debbie came and my sister brought her two kids.

Jen's daughters: Brianna and Emily. Aren't they cute!


My brother John playing with a dead snake.....

After the official "Spreading of the Ashes," we all just kind of went our separate ways. I went back to Moab, Judy and Norm (step-parents) headed to Vernal to stay a few days visiting Jen, and the Colorado group went back to Denver.


2 comments:

Galadriel said...

I didn't realize your family was so big. I'm glad you all got together, even if it was for a sad sort of occasion.

Jen said...

Wow. Your family is a beautiful tribute to your dad.