Sunday, October 23, 2011

So Far So Good...

Just a short post to update on the new job:

Today my boss and I shoveled horse poop out of Scout Camp. The previous campers didn't take it to the drop-off site so we did it... I also set a bunch of mouse traps upstairs to control the mouse problem. Then I get to vacuum the rooms to make it safe from hantavirus.

I have started making flyers for Buckland Station, now that it's open more often and some flyers asking for volunteers to help us keep it open daily. That's the fun part for me--figuring out how to promote the park and get people in there. I also made us a Facebook page--Fort Churchill State Historic Park. I called Silver Springs Chamber of Commerce and the Senior Center to introduce myself and see if we can get some write-ups in their newsletters and I've been looking for grants and some things to add to the present programming--which right now only consists of self-guided tours and Living History Talks for reserved groups.

Later I'll post about the Carson River Snapshot Day and life at the Mason Valley Wildlife Management Area (it's fun to be on the refuge for now--saw a flock of turkeys yesterday and some peregrines).

More later but for now I'm tired and it's my FRIDAY!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like you're settling in nicely! :) Hope it gets to be more and more fun every day--enjoy the challenge!