Friday, December 19, 2014

"Kiss the Bride....Again"

Since, May, there hasn't been a whole lot to post about. New job, got engaged...lots of work, frustrations, being tired, driving a lot of miles...about work...so a lot has happened, but I haven't had time or energy to post! ...until now :)

Dave proposed in May, after I got offered a new job. I went back and forth a lot with wedding plans. Dave didn't want a ceremony in front of a lot of people. I didn't either, but still wanted something special with my mom and his mom present. Went back and forth some more, decided no ceremony, just a reception, then a short ceremony with everyone...because I can't leave my friends and family out after everyone comes out for the reception...

My regular days off are Thurs-Sat now that I'm working 10 hour days to save some miles driving to and from work. We stayed at the Peppermill in Reno, and today while we were driving around, we decided to go ahead and get a marriage license. Then, we decided to check out a venue, just to "see." One happened to be available right then, so we decided, why not, and got married!

I wasn't nervous until the minister made us face each other and hold hands. I felt Dave's hands shaking, then decided I was nervous too, and spent the whole time trying not to either cry or start giggling (bad, I know). He felt the same way I guess. Finally we got to the part where we had to repeat after the minister our parts, the "I do," then "kiss the bride." I don't know if they decided to film or take a picture, or if a nervous "peck" wasn't good enough, but then we heard, "kiss the bride again." Okaaaay, make it even more awkward....slightly longer "peck" and then "congratulations!" Put my coat back on, pay, paperwork, and we're on our way as husband and wife! Still a little weird but it works! We called our moms after it was all over, made it "Facebook official," and now we're watching TV/blogging/reading a book (soooo exciting, I know). We've been together for almost 5 years so it's not really that weird, just the new titles are weird.

So anyway I will try to post more often! It totally wasn't planned, and we are still going to do a ceremony and reception in July at Mormon Station in Genoa, but WE'RE MARRIED!!

1 comment:

Galadriel said...

Congratulations Kim and Dave! So happy for you both :)