Saturday, May 25, 2013

Vernal

Because of scheduling at work, I ended up working 9 days in a row and being off four. I thought it was perfect for a quick trip to Vernal. It takes 12 hours to drive to Vernal, UT from Yerington,NV so I decided to fly.

Tuesday morning, I got up early, drove to Reno, parked in the long-term parking and got on the plane! It's only an hour and a half flight from Reno to Salt Lake and then my sister and mom picked up and drove the 3 hours back to Vernal.

 
I asked my sister to stop at the overlook just before we went down the hill into Vernal....This is a view of Split Mountain in Dinosaur National Monument.
 

My nieces were happy to see me! This is Brianna and I having fun with our sunglasses!
 
More Brianna! She's 4 and belongs to my sister! Her sister Emily had fun hanging out too, but she was in her last week of school before summer vacation started.
 
The trip was over much too soon, but it was great to spend a few days at home seeing my mom, hanging out with my sister and watching Star Wars with my friend Stacy. There were a lot more people I wanted to see, but without a vehicle and more time, it didn't happen this time!



No comments: