Friday, December 7, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

Last week when I wasn't feeling good I decided to make chicken noodle soup. I went to the store, got two packages of chicken stock (without salt), carrots, and chicken breast. I heated the stock, cooked the breast, cut it up and added the veggies--garlic, onion, carrots and peas. I also decided to make egg noodles...
2 C flour
2 egg yolks
1 whole egg
2 tsp salt
Enough water for a firm dough

You mix the flour with the egg yolks and salt, then keep adding water a little at a time to make a dough. Knead for 10 min, roll it out thin and cut into strips. The recipe says to let the noodles dry out for 2 hours, but I didn't do that and they turned out great! Boil them for 15-20 min in the soup and eat! (I  added a whole jalapeno to simmer with the soup and it turned out amazing!).

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yum! That sounds delicious! Way to be motivated enough to make soup when you're home sick. I'm impressed. Hope you're feeling better.