Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Out of Pumpkins (Fall Cooking Part 2)

Well... I finished my 2nd batch of pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins and they worked! The first batch I don't think I added enough cinnamon (and pumpkin pie spice) but for the 2nd one I added a little more cinnamon and ginger.

 
I still have some cooked pumpkin left so I'm going to look for a pumpkin bread recipe to use up the rest of the pumpkin and the chocolate chips. Then I can go buy another pumpkin or two, and start over!

I'm sure I posted this link somewhere on here but I couldn't find it. Here it is again: the BEST (healthy) muffin recipe I've ever used. The recipe is for carrot-spice muffins but I've used the same basic recipe (wet and dry ingredients) to make different kinds of muffins including apple/pecan, cranberry-orange and pumpkin! I even used it once to make blueberry muffins for Dave...but his review was: "These would be great with chocolate chips instead of blueberries!" This time I subsituted pumpkin for applesauce and the yogurt. I ended up having to add 1/4 C of milk for more moisture but it worked great otherwise.

If you try these let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Mmmm! I can't wait to try these!