Monday, May 21, 2012

Haven't Been Posting...

I haven't been able to post a lot lately because while Dave's gone he takes the internet with him! And I don't want to pay for my own...

Dave was going to be working for the BLM in Vernal so I thought I wouldn't see him at all this summer. Instead, he got a job with the Nevada Department of Wildlife in Ely, which is only about 5 hours away. He works 4 10-hour days, so he's around for 3 days a week. His mom keeps checking on me, which is really sweet.

My boss retired at Fort Churchill, so we've been anxiously waiting for the "new guy" to come in. His name is Scott and he's the supervisor at the Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort. Since he's in the Southern Region, I haven't heard much about him. My co-worker met him and was happy, so I guess that's a good sign. I think it's cool he came from an interpretive park.

Mike hasn't been around much the past couple months so I did seasonal interviews and hiring paperwork, deposits and month-end reports. It's all been good for me....even if it's been a little stressful at times because I'm still pretty new to the park.

I did my first guided hikes and full moon hike of the season...and both brought in over 50 people so I think people really like seeing these programs at the park. We'll see if it continues! So far though, there's been a lot of interest and support.

Anyway that's all the excitement so far. Soon (today?) I'll get around to posting some pictures but I wanted to at least write a little about what's been going on!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh, Kim. I totally understand all about long distance--did it for 8 months in my last relationship, and it STINKS!!! Good luck with that. (I will admit that I usually only see my current boyfriend 3ish days a week and we only live 25 minutes apart, but it's somehow different knowing that if I really needed to see him I could be there without having to plan a trip.) I hope you guys are able to find a way to be back together full time sooner than later. Hang in there!

Glad to hear things are going well with your job. Sounds like you're doing amazing things over there.