Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ouch! ....and my birthday!

I caught a cold that lasted for a couple weeks early in June. I ended up coughing a LOT and tensing up all my back muscles. The cold went away and so did most of the pain associated with it, except for one spot under my left arm that would not go away! So I made an appointment with my doctor, which happened to be on my 30th birthday! She thinks it is a dislocated rib...

Now I am on an anti-inflamatory painkiller and a muscle relaxer which I can only take at night so it doesn't make me fall asleep! I hope it doesn't last too long--I've never had even a broken bone! Plus I hate taking any kind of drug, unless it's caffine or wine-related!

On my birthday after the doctor visit, I took my car in to have the windshield replaced--it had a large crack that started growing in the winter and I knew it wouldn't have passed inspection. I got a short nap in before it was time for me and Dave to go to my friend's house for dinner.

She made pizza while we all broke into the box of wine, chips and dip. We decided we needed exercise so we had ridden our bikes over...and it ended up being a great evening and a great way to turn 30! The pizza was awesome! She made the crust, added tomato sauce, sweet potatoes, cheese, chicken and a bunch of veggies. It made me want to start making homemade pizza again...which I used to do all the time but somehow got out of the habit.

1 comment:

Galadriel said...

Happy birthday! I hope you heal quickly.