Sunday, March 10, 2013

No More Wine...(for a while)

I'm not Catholic...I'm Lutheran...but we give up stuff for Lent too. All winter I've been drinking too much wine. I LOVE red wine but it seems to kill any motivation I have for working out and doing things after work. I decided to start working out finally, and didn't drink wine for over a week (a week before Lent started). I decided to keep it going through Lent and take up jogging, even if it's a few times a week after work, on the treadmill. The very 1st day I jogged 2 miles and walked for a 1/2 mile to cool down. I still felt good, but my feet were numb and I knew I was going to be sore the next couple days.

Now I'm up to jogging 3 miles and still walking 1/2 mile to cool down and rest my muscles. I started lifting weights (light ones) and doing push-ups and sit-ups. So far so good! One month into it and I think I've lost...one pound!

Today I bought Dave a bottle of wine and we watched Wreck-it Ralph. I didn't drink any of it but it smelled good! We're both trying to be healthier and I think it's working! Let's see if we can keep it up...

No comments: